Wednesday, October 26, 2011

On Monday I picked up my illustrations, along with stitched-together scans for Adan's book.


Digital Pickle's Yelp profile doesn't do it justice. Apparently a bad manager ran the Pasadena location into the ground. But their new staff is doing an excellent job, in my opinion. The scans look great and my illustrations were returned to me in better shape than I brought them in; I received my art back wrapped in plastic and in a sturdy paper bag with my name written on it in silver ink!

Unfortunately, it quickly became apparent that our home computer isn't up to task for digital production. I first started noticing the issue when I put Adobe Flash onto the system. The program freezes and dies often and takes almost 10 minutes to load. When I tried to upload the high resolution TIF files from Digital Pickle, my computer had a brain fart and keeled over.

So, after spending an entire day of uploading the files to a cloud server from my work computer, I spent most of my evening downloading said files onto my home computer.

It's been a hurdle every step of the way, but we're getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment