Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Jacks

For many years I have wanted to create a webcomic. I wanted it to be witty, full of life, and possess the ability to withstand the test of time. But I always had trouble with the jokes. And the story. And then, once I actually mustered enough strength to draw a comic, there was the lack of confidence in my art.

And then, there was no comic.

I have been reading Penny Arcade for many years. The strip started in 1998 and I have since watched their comic go from a crap to gorgeous art with hilarious story lines. Then I think to myself, "Why can't I do this? When these guys started out, I could draw them under the table...and NOW look at them!"

Oh wait. Story.

Oh wait. Molly. Problem solved.

So, Molly and I have embarked on a web comic. Not too fast, but not too slow. She will write 95% of it, and I will draw it. It may look crappy at first, but we are thinking of the potential. If 14 years can make PA look gorgeous, maybe 5 will make our strip look moderately badass.

So, check out the first installment of Jacks, a web comic about two girls who are always trying to tackle a different occupation, a different boyfriend, different levels of parenting (both cat and human).

Join us. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment